[BC] From NAB Propaganda

Scott Cason scott
Mon Jul 24 17:39:02 CDT 2006

>>Just curious, Scott... are they transmitting a single HD program or are
they multicasting?

Single channel.  They are not too hot on the idea of multicasting yet.  They
are doing good to program the three signals they have.

>>It's unfortunate that we must sacrifice quality of the main program to
make room for the so-called "killer app".

Multicasting is neat on paper, and I like what some of the TV stations in
Louisville are doing with their HD streams, but you still need the
programming for radio.  Unless you program something the listeners want,
they are not gonna go out and buy $300 radios to hear it.  I don't
understand why that's so hard for corporate programmers to understand, most
of them are doing good to program ONE analog channel.

Scott Cason
LaGrange Communications
www.lagrange-com.com
502-213-0024