[BC] Re: engineering pay

Ron Radetzki radio99ron
Mon Jul 24 15:27:13 CDT 2006

  Dana P said:
  >NO!
>Broadcast engineering USED TO BE a good source of income in most every market!
>WE as engineers are to blame for this not being the case today!!
>HOW DO WE FIX THIS? If you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen isn't a
  >valid reply. I want real discussion on how to slow down and/or eliminate this
>cancer that's slowly spreading through our industry.

  Times change, Dana. Deal with it. Since you don't want to accept that an asnwer, charge what you are worth. I know a contract engineer in a medium market who charges $75 and easily has 40+ hourse of work per week. His clients know that he is worth it. Let the cheap stations hire the cheap rates and suffer for it.

  The final answer is is that only you can determine and decide your fate. Don't blame an industry for not planning your career for you.