[BC] Terrestrial Radio fights back

Paul Smith W4KNX paul
Mon Jul 24 07:47:58 CDT 2006

Oh, OK. I recall a few years ago a big deal being made about WSM going
sports. I didnt realize on of the biggies was running it. Boy, Gaylord sure
aint what it used to be.  Last time I was up there, their complex looked
like a ghost town.  Most of the stores in the mall were empty, the CMTV
complex was still there, of course.  The amusement park gone.....

Paul Smith

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net]On Behalf Of Bailey, Scott
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 8:04 AM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: RE: [BC] Terrestrial Radio fights back

Paul,
   WSM-AM is controlled by Cumulus Media, although the licensee is still
Gaylord Entertainment, Inc.  Cumulus has first bids on WSM's license,
due to they have a LMA on it right now.
   There is no need for the country music artist to worry about WSM's
faith. Cumulus is not about to let the Opry go anywhere. Lou Dickey has,
president of Cumulus has made this statement many times. Cumulus wants
to keep the Grand Ole Opry alive and expand it.
   As a matter of fact, over the past 2 years, since Cumulus has taken
over the programming of WSM, the Classic Country format has gotten
better! I like what they are doing.

Scott
Do you have a BDR? http://www.oldradio.com/bdr.htm