[BC] Making engineering pay

Robert Meuser Robertm
Sun Jul 23 12:41:21 CDT 2006

Radio as a hobby can be fun. It removes one from day to day stress and permits
doing only the projects that please them.  That being said, if the person doing
this is doing it at depressed rates, he is driving the overall market down. If
the person is doing this part time work as a few hours for a decent wage, then
that is a whole different discussion. For contract part time work you should be
asking at the very least $40 per hour and more like $50-70 or a set number of
hours for a monthly fee. If one is setting the floor for the market, it is a
disservice to all.