[BC] Modulation Monitors...

Robert Meuser Robertm
Sat Jul 22 20:08:51 CDT 2006

Burt:

First I will plead guilty of having a mod monitor in every North American
station where I have been - often two or three. Outside North America, there are
many places (most of Europe as an example) where mod monitors were never used.

That being said, I never except as a matter of last resort used it to determine
compliance or as a detector for measurements. I will admit to using them on FM
for pilot injection. The flashing lights do enhance transmitter tours.

I have never seen any government entity anywhere use anything other than a scope
and/or spectrum analyzer for compliance measurements.

I do think that Belar has come up with some interesting tools that go way past
the average mod monitor.