[BC] Terrestrial Radio fights back

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Sat Jul 22 18:52:01 CDT 2006

In a message dated 7/22/2006 6:11:04 PM Central Daylight Time,  paul at amtow
er.com writes:

Wasnt  KOMA a
player back then?  We got WKBW back then.
Now we have  Delilah.

The mighty KOMA in OKlahoma  was , when operated correctly    DA night
towards the west
to protect WBKW.   But they received one of the FCC's early  $10,000 fines
for switching back to Non-DA  as early as 10 PM at night and  many time at
midnight.

They used to claim "Coast to Coast and Border to Border,  the Mighty  1520
KOMA in Oklahoma."  I recall driving non stop with a group of guys to  LA in
the early '60's and at 4 AM coming down the mountain into the LA area
listeniong to KOMA already into morning drive.

Dave