[BC] Florida Cuban STA's Interference

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Sat Jul 22 18:39:36 CDT 2006

In a message dated 7/21/2006 10:12:10 AM Central Daylight Time,
paul at amtower.com writes:

Speaking  of Cuban interference, there are at least a couple of Florida  AM's
operating under STA's since the mid 80's because of Cuban  interference.
WDAE formerly WSUN 620 St. Petersburg operates with a little  over 10KW, even
though the database shows 5kw.  Not bad cause the  Cuban interference went
away over 20 years ago.  I think WIOD 610 in  Miami is the other.  There may
be more Miami  stations.

My recollection is a littel fuzzy on the STA's

570  Tampa, St. Pete  10 kW Days
620  St. Peter  10 kW
WINK AM Ft. Meyers  DA due to Interference,
WINZ Miami  10 to 50 kW. night due to interference
610 Miami,  10 kW due to\i interference
790 Miami, 25 kW. due to interference
1080 Miami from 10 kW night to 25 kW. nigh due to interference

There are several others I am certain  all on semi permanent  STA's

Dave Hultsman