[BC] stamping opinions

Rich Wood richwood
Fri Jul 21 11:02:50 CDT 2006

------ At 09:31 AM 7/21/2006, Ron Radetzki wrote: -------

>   >>"I'm not sure I understand the need to stamp out all opinions you
>   >>don't agree with. Sure makes for a boring life."
>
>   Rich, are freakin' kidding me? This is way beyond the pot calling
> the kettle black.
>
>   How many times have you stamped on a positive opinion of IBOC?

I think I've asked questions people fear answering. As a matter of
fact, I'm the person who has been pushing for 24/7 operation of AM
IBUZ. I don't understand how an engineer who's responsible for good
engineering practice can have a positive opinion of AM IBUZ. Read the
archives. I've even said that AM needs it more than FM and used the
WBZ-HD signal as an example of what we should expect. That seems
pretty positive.

Was I stamping (sic) on IBUZ when I asked how many engineers
currently operating AM IBUZ would run it 24/7 if the FCC had approved
it on July 13? Not a single engineer responded. Was I "stamping" on
the suggestion that we should be operating the system 24/7 to enable
stations to discover and fix problems before it has to be done on a
massive scale rather than a station at a time?

I guess "stamping" means you ask uncomfortable questions. The
cheerleaders here and elsewhere have, effectively, told me to shut up
because I'm causing others to ask similar uncomfortable questions. If
someone is being deceptive (hdradio.com) does that qualify as
"stamping?" If I suggest that revolutions, historically, have been
much larger than the HD Revolution, is that "stamping." Is reporting
the sale of 3 receivers in my market in 4 months "stamping?"

Have you heard IBUZ? Do you have a receiver in a vehicle so you can
actually listen in the field? I'm discovering, by their own
admission, that some of the cheerleaders have never heard an IBUZ
signal. Thanks to a loaner from Kenwood I was one of the first people
here to actually hear it. Is honestly reporting what I heard "stamping?"

With absolutely no objective research behind it should I accept that
either we go IBUZ or we die? How could we possibly know that?

Is it "stamping" on IBUZ when I actually physically visit retailers
to track consumer interest? When retailers tell me there's no
interest, is that fact given me by those who sell the stuff
"stamping" on IBUZ or is it accurately reporting how well the
"revolution" is doing on the non-broadcaster side?

When I ask if 600-800 million receivers can be delivered within the 5
year projection is that "stamping" on IBUZ? Maybe I'd stop asking
these questions if someone credible would answer at least a few of them.

Are the people responding with existing interference reports
"stamping" on IBUZ?  I guess so because there are no known problems with IBUZ.

Think of me as the little kid who saw the Emperor as being butt
nekkid while everyone else was admiring the stylish cut of his clothes.

Rich