[BC] Real cases of IBOC interference wanted for research purposes

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Jul 20 07:37:26 CDT 2006

------ At 01:44 AM 7/20/2006, RSTYPE at aol.com wrote: -------

>Regardless of what you want to call it, the station only radiates about 250
>watts toward Ann Arbor (assuming that the pattern is actually adjusted
>somewhere close to the standard pattern over that arc).  This is not
>a lot of power to
>serve an urbanized area where the manmade noise levels are likely to be high.

The IBUZ cheerleaders assure me that digital requires only a fraction
of the power of analog. 250 watts should be monster power for
digital. That doesn't seem to apply to Western MA but I'll accept the concept.

If IBUZ doesn't respect the physics of analog directional arrays and
a 50KW directional throws 3KW outside their pattern it would seem to
me even a BA Receptor should be able to receive it with an Art Bell
style antenna setup if you live a few miles from the transmitter
site. If you have a Yamaha AV receiver you'll receive it in crystal
clear, almost, kinda, a little bit, sort of CD quality miles and
miles away. It's an awesome receiver even with the BA rat tail antenna.

Please understand that the copywriter who claims CD quality has a
congenital hearing problem. He's deaf.

Rich