[BC] Scope for Mod Monitor...

Bailey, Scott SBailey
Thu Jul 20 06:57:32 CDT 2006

Ben,
   Come On, who's looking at a mod monitor at 1 AM!  Not me, I'm usually
crashed out from too much wine! If I ever get out that way, let's me you
and take the wives out wine tasting. I've heard about all those good
wine places out there!
   Maybe this is why my wife says I can't behave myself!

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Ben Barber
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 4:14 PM
To: 'Broadcasters' Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [BC] Scope for Mod Monitor...

OK,

The question about using a mod-monitor or not is more of a question of
convenience.
Let's take the speedometer analogy.  If you have a tach, know what gear
you're in, what ratio your differential is, and know your tire size,
couldn't any *intelligent* person figure out how fast they are going?
(Maybe?? - Yeah Right!!)
A modmonitor at the station is a great tool for glancing at and seeing
if
your modulation is correct or not.  When you get that call at 1:00am
about
whether things are right or not, you can tell the board operator to look
at
the monitor and tell you what they see.  I challenge you to give a scope
a non technical person and have them give you any meaningful feedback,
no
matter what time of day or night it is!

The conclusion; If you want to see your modulation quickly, accurately
and
simply, install a modmonitor!

Best Regards;
Ben Barber