[BC] LPAM (was Smallest AM Radiator/TIS)

Bailey, Scott SBailey
Wed Jul 19 13:04:02 CDT 2006

Mark,
   Your doing a good thing. LPAM is a good thing, and if the commission
was convinced that operators would behave themselves, they could raise
the power limits on Part 15 AM to 1/2 watt or maybe 1 watt. From all I
hear, the Rangemaster 1000 is a great transmitter, and with good CRL,
Orban, or Omnia Processing, it sounds just as good as my 1 KW daytimer,
with uses a Omnia 3. One half watt on one of those Rangemasters will do
more than what people think they will!
   I thinking about starting a LPAM for our subdivision called
"Cambridge Farms", just outside Gallatin, TN. We have a property manager
and subdivision association over our subdivision, and I'm going to bring
it up in our next board meeting. I will use it to get out information
and neighbor events to property owners. We have nearly 750 homes in
Cambridge Farms. My music format will be all 80's pop/CHR of the 80's,
with some 70's.
   People should consider LPAM or doing Part 15 FM.  The big boys are
policing the FM band too heavy, but act as they could care less about
AM.

Scott