[BC] Real cases of IBOC interference wanted for research purposes

David L. Hershberger dave
Wed Jul 19 12:19:59 CDT 2006

Hi Doug,

I have two AM cases to report. First, KXNT 840 in Las Vegas apparently
sometimes "forgets" to turn off their IBOC at night. When this happens it is
usually on weekends. This trashes our adjacent local 5 kW AM station at
night (KCNO 830). Here are examples recorded two years ago:

http://www.w9gr.com/knco.mp3  (normal reception, no IBOC)

http://www.w9gr.com/kncoiboc.mp3  (IBOC on from Las Vegas)

Details of antenna patterns, my receive location, etc. are in my comments on
the FCC web page.

The second case is daytime interference. KCBC 770  in Riverbank (Modesto)
trashes KKOH 780 in Reno. My location is Nevada City, CA and I think I am
well within KKOH's protected contour. I don't have a recording of KKOH but I
could easily make one.

Dave Hershberger