[BC] Speedometers on Cars. Do we need them?...

Rich Wood richwood
Wed Jul 19 06:31:56 CDT 2006

------ At 02:15 AM 7/19/2006, Burt I. Weiner wrote: -------

>I don't think we speedometers in our cars either.  I rely on my
>carburetor to not make my car go to fast.

I did that once and got a ticket for going 30 in a 25 MPH zone. It
was in an MGB that actually had a carburetor. I believe my fuel
injected Jeep will go upwards of 140, so I can't trust it to keep me
around 65. Massachusetts also has this dumb law that says pedestrians
have the right of way. With the thing at full throttle it's very
tough to avoid hitting them. On the Interstates here it's tough to
keep up with everyone else. I'll keep the speedometer.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-454-3258