[BC] From NAB Newsletter

Kent Winrich kwinrich
Tue Jul 18 16:39:32 CDT 2006

I dont think anyone is suggestiing that 800 million receivers NEED to be
replaced!

No one needed to replace their AM radios for FM and then FM stereo either.
But people found programming on FM that they liked.  Hopefully you
programmers will come up with some decent programming.  I lay no claim to
programming.  Why are programmers so afraid of having additional channels?

Also, why does everyone just talk about the "radio" features of HD Radio?
For example, why doesnt anyone talk about the traffic mapping that is being
rolled out?

And of all people I thought you would understand how to work with additional
channels and sales.  So what is radio suppsoed to do while the rest of teh
world goes to narrowcasting?  Just sit on what we have now and say take it
or leave it?  I dont think so!

I am stunned at the lack at forward thinking people in radio.

In regards to radio in stores, when I was in teh Midwest there were a few
local stereo stores that had BAs in stock.  Not just radio people were
buyign them (granted they were not flying off the shelves yet) but there
also was no promotion going on yet. (IMHO the REAL issue).