[BC] FCC Deletes digital report from today's meeting

Mike McCarthy Towers
Sat Jul 15 06:07:41 CDT 2006

In an analog world where the D/U ratio is something like 40dB, your
argument is correct.  In a digital world, the D/U ratio could be as little
as 6 dB and there would be no problem receiving/decoding the signal. I can
see where a NUMBER of arrays would be able to go omni with digital...day
AND night..

NOTE...I'm not suggesting Ibiquity's system is the one which I
like/prefer.  Only that in a truly digital world (DRM and digital only
Ibiquity), the digitial coding masks all of the undesirable attributes of
skywave interference where the desired signal has some level of greater
level than the undesired.

MM

At 12:36 AM 7/15/2006 -0500, Stan Tacker wrote