[BC] FCC Deletes digital report from today's meeting

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Fri Jul 14 19:24:02 CDT 2006

In a message dated 07/14/2006 5:05:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
SBailey at nespower.com writes:

> Once again, looking outside to the average listening who works outside
>  the broadcast industry or hobbyist, they could care less about
>  AM...PERIOD! I read where WGN claims they have all these listeners at
>  night outside Chicago. That's bull crap! When IBOC really kicks in at
>  night, there won't be a sole to hear it outside Chicago anyway.

Now this begs the question... if IBUZ does go into effect at night, then why
not give us Daytimers full day power 24/7? If skywave listening is all but
dead, why not? Let us continue to serve our local markets full time.

However, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss WGN's night listenership that
easily... especially if those listeners have, indeed, filled-out Arbitron diaries.

Willie...