[BC] FCC Deletes digital report from today s meeting

Robert Meuser Robertm
Fri Jul 14 11:01:11 CDT 2006

well

I dont have a daughter, but a lot of people listen to AM which is why
certain stations make so much money. Between sports and news I think
almost everyone around here listens to some AM. So say you are driving
out of town in rush hour in December. You are probably listening to 1010
WINS for traffic reports. FM falls apart pretty fast around here
(especially in Jersey) so by the time you no longer need WINS the FM
band is a mess. So human nature is to just turn the channel for
something interesting. It might be a local station or it might be
skywave.  If you drive a long distance, skywave is the more natural
choice as it lasts longer. You don't have to be a broadcaster, it is
just human nature. There are times I turn off XM and Sirius because
after 8 or 10 hours I am bored to death. There are less than 1/2 dozen
FM stations in the country I consider as being worth listening so that
leaves AM.  It is fun to listen to Rush make a fool of himself, better
than the comedy channel.