[BC] WXXI-FM Mishap :crazy on-aire happenings

Sid Schweiger sid
Wed Jul 12 14:30:17 CDT 2006

>>I worked in a Tv station once that was live on cable via a direct
link.  The station transmitter went off the air during the 6pm local
news and the anchor looks up and says, What? We're off the air. ok and
they sit there and bullshitted each other not realizing the entire
remaining world was watching by cable.  How stupid.  I can't be around
news people they make me crazy :-)<<

This happened on occasion years before cable or the Internet, too.
Take a look at this gem (RealPlayer required):

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/international/video_us_abc/wabc-marawolinsky.rm

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WMKK - WRKO - WVEI AM/FM
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Boston MA  02135-2040
Phone: 617-779-5369
Fax: 617-779-5379