[BC] Dealing with IBOC hash problems

Bailey, Scott SBailey
Wed Jul 12 09:36:48 CDT 2006

Robert,
   I sent you an email off list of the measurements taken in October.
Hope you got it. I forgot, WCOR on 1490 in Lebanon, TN is suffering from
the hash as well.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Robert Meuser
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 9:16 AM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] Dealing with IBOC hash problems

Scott

Can you define this any better?  Do you mean you are loosing bonus
coverage you
had outside the .5 mv/m contour? Or do you mean there is interference
inside
your protected contour? If the latter, have you adequately documented
this? Do
you have field strength measurements?  Have you communicated directly
with WLAC?
I know both the regional director of engineering and the VP of
engineering are
very interested in insuring they do things 'right'. Also, if you have
the
documentation and measurements how do you know the FCC won't do
anything, have
you contacted them?

Bailey, Scott wrote:
> Scott,
> My station, WMRO-AM is being wiped out by WLAC's IBOC, so is WVOL,
WPLN,