[BC] LPAM (was Smallest AM Radiator/TIS)

Bailey, Scott SBailey
Wed Jul 12 07:08:38 CDT 2006

Paul,
  I talked to Keith Hamilton on the phone, and he has some clients that
are getting up to 5 miles with his box.  You have to know what you're
doing to make it work. I know of one guy getting good coverage using an
Omnia 3 processing, with a simple unipole type antenna and ground
system.
  I wished you could have met the late James Cunningham out Ada, Ok. I
didn't agree with using tubes, but James used a scheme that made part 15
get out 5-6 miles just using whip antennas.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Paul B. Walker,
Jr.
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:59 PM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] LPAM (was Smallest AM Radiator/TIS)

Scott:

The AM1000 Rangemaster does nowhere near what a TIS does.

If the AM1000 is tuned properly and has some processing behind it,
it'll get out about 1 mile soild in fair ground conductivity.

If a TIS was tuned properly, had an efficent antenna and the audio
was better, it'd get out 5+ miles solid in decent groundcondiuctivity
areas.

Paul

On 7/11/06, Bailey, Scott