[BC] Nighttime IBUZ Decision Delayed?

Paul Smith W4KNX paul
Tue Jul 11 16:59:49 CDT 2006

Here's the link in the ECFS
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_documen
t=6518391672

It appears it only affects FM IBOC.  Should have no effect on AM.  We'll
have to wait to see if the FCC acts on the matter.
One thing I noticed is that the new mask on AM shows the analog to be only
5khz.  Wonder if that will be mandated IBOC or not.

Paul Smith
W4KNX
Sarasota, FL

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net]On Behalf Of Phil Alexander
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 4:39 PM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: RE: [BC] Nighttime IBUZ Decision Delayed?

On 11 Jul 2006 at 14:37, John Buffaloe wrote:

> http://wrathofkahn.org
>
> Don't shoot the messenger.

VERY interesting.

Is it possible that Leonard failed to read NRSC-5 in detail
and failed to read the fine print in the First Report and
Order that allowed Ibiquity to dictate the rules by license?

This is not something new. It has been lurking in the
documents for YEARS.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037