[BC] LPAM (was Smallest AM Radiator/TIS)

Bill Croghan loteng
Tue Jul 11 11:33:22 CDT 2006

	Several years ago I maintained a TIS at the Tucson Airport on 530 if
I recall correctly.  I could hear it poorly but understandable all the way
home 10 miles away on my stock jeep radio.  They shut it down some years
later.  It was a ten watt with about a 25 rod in the middle of a field with
a fairy good ground system.
Bill

Bill Croghan CPBE WB?KSW
Chief Engineer,
KOMP/KXPT/KENO/KBAD
Lotus Broadcasting
Las Vegas, NV
Email to loteng (at) lvradio.com
Phone 702-315-3030
Fax      702-876-6685

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Bailey, Scott
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:35 AM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: RE: [BC] LPAM (was Smallest AM Radiator/TIS)

Come to think of it, with this crazy petition that is out about LPAM,
why not give these people stations with 5-10 watts, or the field
strength limit of 2 mv/m @ 1.5 km, with an antenna no more than 10-15'.
In rural areas, or small towns with no local AM station, that's plenty
to cover a small town, and even cover a high school football game.