[BC] information is good-some reactions, not.

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Sat Jul 8 23:23:38 CDT 2006

In a message dated 07/08/2006 11:49:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
shnewman at alaweb.com writes:

> No, No Willie. Remember, this was not a "shoot the messenger" deal.

It sure seemed like one... and this wasn't the first. Read on...

>  :) Most (myself included) were commenting on the way research is
>  done. By all means pass things along. This was not a cue to stop, at
>  least not from me.

True. Your response was more logical, and clearly directed at the
information, itself. I did not feel belittled. Some of the responses came across like
"what kind of fool would want to pass this on?!" It *may* or may *not* have been
intended that way, but that is exactly how I perceived it, and not just in
this one instance.

> I've (I'm sure you have too) been through a lot of
>  focus groups and researched to death stations and we've learned a lot

Actually, no, I have not. This may be further reason for me to refrain from
posting any more survey data that I come across.

>  over the years so many, myself included again, have visceral
>  reactions when we see the same old type of unrefined research being
>  done....again.
>
>  Thanks for passing it along.

Well, see, the problem is that I have passed along some of what I thought
were "interesting" bits of information (in similar veins, on various subjects) in
the past, only to be met by very similar reactions to each and every one.
(With only a small handful of "Thanks, though." type messages, such as yours.)
Therefore, it is only logical for me to conclude that these kinds of information
are "junk". Thus I will, indeed, stop posting them. That decision is already
made. I'm just really damned sick and tired of feeling and/or being belittled!
I unsubbed from the AF (and have no intentions of rejoining any time soon)
for that very reason.

Despite some (perceived) opinions to the contrary, just because I am a
dedicated, devout Christian (and an emotional person who, admittedly, has strong
feelings & reactions), does not automatically make me stupid! Being stupid would
never have resulted in my current employ for 19 years here at WFIF, the past
10+ of those being the station's CE.

'nuff said. Best to let this one go, now, as once it's been moved to AF, I
won't see it.

Willie...