[BC] re: Old Abandoned Radio Stations

First Step Productions - Dave Golterman thevoice
Sat Jul 8 01:15:05 CDT 2006

Here are some pictures of the demise of the former studios of KATL-AM in
Miles City.  The station began broadcasting in the late 40's on 1340 khz
and moved to 770 khz I believe in the 80's.  The studios are now
co-located with the Miles City Star newspaper which owns the stand alone AM.

http://flickr.com/photos/rickg/137662443/in/pool-milescity/
http://flickr.com/photos/rickg/137662446/in/pool-milescity/
http://flickr.com/photos/rickg/137662447/in/pool-milescity/

 From what I understand, the fire was a controlled burn, as the building
had been donated to the local fire department for practice.  Pretty sad
end to the building.  I forgot to check to see what was on the lot when
I was in Miles City earlier this spring.  But I believe it's still
empty, awaiting a developers plans to be approved.  The real estate
around the station has gotten fairly valuable I imagine as there's a
Super Walmart just down the street and that part of Miles City is fast
food row.

Dave Golterman
First Step Productions
111 East Railroad Avenue Suite 5