[BC] Old abandoned AM stations and Art Deco Buildings

Mike McCarthy mre
Fri Jul 7 11:36:12 CDT 2006

Blau-Knox tower.  No taller than 300 ft. Adding guy lines on that tower was actually a very dangerous practice as the insulators on that design were closely rated for the tower load alone. Far more so than today's design practices.

If that tower requires lighting, then that site owner is a deep trouble if the tower is not registered and so on...

MM

On my way up to North Carolina last week, I ran across this old radio