[BC] WETT and True Confessions

brew@theMode.com brew
Fri Jul 7 10:33:30 CDT 2006

Steve Michaels wrote.....

> The high level of RF through the bootleg relay finally smoked the
> contacts and led to the discovery of the "ND" contactor.

> I had to testify in front of an FCC ALJ in OC when they lost their
> license.

Was the story about the FCC Inspector happening to notice the lack of
pattern change true?

Brent confessed an 'oversite' his station made and Mark Humphrey asks how
common it is for stations to cheat.......

I bet everybody, everywhere in broadcasting has cheated the rules one time
or another.  It's only a matter of degree.......

How many of us forgot a set of meter reading when it was every half hour
and just 'filled in the log'?

That's different from doing an audio proof and fudging the last half a dB
on the s/n ratio because we should really be finding the source of the
noise instead of overlooking it.

And deliberate attempts to fraud are an even worse offense.

It's only a matter of degree...... namely plus or minus three degrees,
except on a critical DA where it's plus or minus one degree!!!!!

brew - Bruce Schiller at CBS-TV NY Master Control Maintenance and WA2ZST