[BC] Re: GE Superadio III

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Thu Jul 6 22:21:21 CDT 2006

From: "Bob Barnswatts" <amfan at collins21e.com>

> The newest SR3 that I just bought won't stay on frequency, either AM or FM.

> I have to go retune it every 15 minutes or so.  Its really a hunk of crap.

You need to clean the tuning *pot*. Yes, they use a pot in there. Not the
best way, IMHO.

So far, mine still works quite well. I forget how long I've had it, but it's
been virtually since the III first came out. Picked it up at a local K-mart
for $50 back then.

My other "Hi fidelity AM" radio is 100% homebrew. It easily passes the full
10Khz bandwidth and then some. I built it inside the case from a dead computer
power supply. Like a car radio, it uses a whip antenna. Works nice and sounds
great. 2 watts of audio into a 5x3 oval speaker. Oh, and it's fixed-tuned to
WFIF. Our music sounds great through it! :)

Willie...