[BC] Re: GE Superadio III

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Jul 6 16:53:37 CDT 2006

------ At 03:29 PM 7/6/2006, cldube wrote: -------

>As far as I know, the 2010 was one of the best portables for DX- however
>(and I know I'm going to attract lightning with this) I couldn't
>stand the chuffing
>while tuning and the audio quality.

I have a Grundig Satellit 700 that sounds terrific. The chuffing
drives me nuts. Doesn't take much. I wish I had had it in the days of
Radio Moscow from the Soviet Union. I guess there was no reason for
the station once FOX News became Fair and Balanced and took the franchise.

The batteries leaked in my GE Superadio II and destroyed it. I did
enjoy listening to WABC at 920 on the analog dial. Not exactly precise.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-454-3258