[BC] True Radio Confessions

Brent Hall HallLB
Thu Jul 6 16:50:25 CDT 2006

Hey Brew,
Your story far exceeds mine. I worked sign-on TV master in the early
'70's and was the only operator who had a first phone, so guess who
had to take transmitter readings. The transmitter was on a mountain
peak, and they had a transmitter engineer on site who slept during
the day. The Mosely remote control would drift constantly, and would
intermittently shut the transmitter off, so they bypassed the SOB,
and had me make up transmitter readings for the log. The chief
engineers at all the stations would call each other when the FCC was
in town, so we always turned the Mosely back on before they arrived.
-Brent