[BC] GE Superadio III vs. IBOC hash

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Jul 6 09:21:48 CDT 2006

------ At 09:22 AM 7/6/2006, Mike McCarthy wrote: -------

>DRM is really on-channel...and so is Ibiquity in the non-hybrid
>mode.  Both live within the 10Khz channel in the end.

We need to forget about anything that does away with the analog
signal. The massively awesome, carefully coordinated HD Dominion
promotional campaign hasn't helped retailers in my market sell more
than about 5 IBUZ receivers. One store still has sold only 3 in the
few months they've had them in stock and on display. Customers were
radio people. I'm sure the SIRIUS/XM type kiosks are being shipped as
we type. I expect this massive marketing campaign to become visible very soon.

I wonder how much of the $200 million funny money ad inventory has
been spent already. In all but the store that sold 3 units to radio
people I'm still the only person ever to ask about HD Radio. Once I
fight to get them to understand I don't mean HDTV or satellite radio
I get a blank stare and they ask another sales associate what this
person is talking about.

I believe analog will never be shut off.

Rich