[BC] Who Cares about GE Super and Hash

Chuck Adkins CAdkins
Thu Jul 6 03:08:38 CDT 2006

Am I corect in assuming that when IBOC takes full effect that there will
be no more AM dxing?????

I've heard nothing good about AM IBOC, and think it's a rush to market
solution that is more messed up than AM Stereo. I still can't help
wondering when my 2 year old grandchildren grow up and are my age (51)
will radio even matter??????

I ponder these things because I need a life. When 200 stations all around
the dial playing Dr. Laura, Rush, Coast To Coast, or whatever I don't
even dial around much anymore. It's like having 50 of that pig mentioned
below, all the same thing. Until content is addressed, and processing
issues that let analog co-inside with IBOC are addressed, , I don't
personaly think IBOC is the answer. By the time this industry gets itself
together as slow as we move, the ipods and mp3 players and cell phones
will be humming. Broadcasters should spend more time wondering whey--even
with radio's portability--over 10 million people have been willing to
give $15 a month to listen to the radio. Broadcasters should be asking me
whey I don't listen to the radio anymore and have both Sirius and XM.
They don't even have high school sports anymore. As far as local
coverage, god forbid anything happening during the weekend when station
staffs are short, and the big stations who do have news people on duty
are too lazy to get off the bird long enough to do anything local.

Sory for going on and on, it's just that I think we who are in radio have
made some long term choices because of money, and may end up losing more
than we have saved.