[BC] Shulke's Black Box

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Jul 6 01:34:46 CDT 2006

------ At 11:47 AM 7/5/2006, tosenkowsky at prodigy.net wrote: -------

>Not necessarily. I heard a story of an engineer who X-rayed
>black boxes of a very popular audio processor. The designer
>was not amused. The manufacturer later used a lead shield to
>prevent future 'explorations'. I doubt that X-rays could yield
>component values, chip numbers, etc.

In the case of the Black Box the components have no values. Well,
maybe the pilot light does. As I recall, the input and output jacks
were a few inches apart. What values might a few inches of hookup
wire connecting the two have? Remember, this was analog wire. Well
before digital wire was invented and we had to count stray oxygen atoms.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-454-3258