[BC] GE Superadio III vs. IBOC hash

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Wed Jul 5 14:43:59 CDT 2006

Holy cow, Batman! <:O

I just tried tuning to 660 and 880 in both the wide and narrow modes. The
IBUZ noise is *very* noticable, and most definitely would be a tune-out factor!
In Wide mode, it was very audible (maybe -20db), and quite shrill. An absolute
tune-out factor, for sure. In the Narrow mode it was lower, but still audible
and not as shrill. I still wouldn't want to listen to it for very long. Those
stations used to sound excellent in analog. I guess those days are over.

WABC's hash generator now effectively obliterates WVNE's signal down here.

As has been said before, there is no doubt that if this thing really takes
off, AM self-destruction is inevitable.

Willie...