[BC] Re: Straight Wire Audio - Bill Sacks

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Tue Jul 4 11:32:37 CDT 2006

In a message dated 7/3/2006 5:52:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
tosenkowsky at prodigy.net writes:

Do not  confuse a length of straight wire with products of
the now defunct Straight  Wire Audio company. A straight
wire has properties of resistance,  inductance and capacitance,
all of which influence the signals (AC and/or  DC) that pass
through it.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

And Bill Sacks developed a nice product to balance out the adverse effects
of resistance, capacitance and inductance.    Bill did a great  job on those
products and provided answers to many problems in radio  stations.  I recall his
RIAA pre-amp and him playing a test record on it at  his suite in Hilton at
the NAB.  I had never seen a Turntable pre-amp  within + or - 2 dB of the RIAA
Curve,  passive or active.   The  shame is Bill decided to take on developing
a CD player for broadcasters,   long before anyone else had thought of it. He
did much of the hard work that led  to the research of what a machine in a
broadcast environment needed to do.   By the time he got there the time and money
had draioned the resorces of his  company.

Bill's hard work and research contributed to the later CD player designed
specifically for broadcast users.

Hat's off to Bill who was working on some new DSP technology last time I
talked with him.

Dave Hultsman