[BC] RE: 10 kHz spacing / 9 kHz Receiver

R J Carpenter rcarpen
Tue Jul 4 05:35:31 CDT 2006

With all this talk about 10/9 kHz steps, a few of the broadcasters in
the Caribbean operate on 5 kHz points - like 885 kHz.  They are
generally "notified" on the 10 kHz step to either side if you look at
the databases.  I suppose this is to avoind some sort of QRM.   I've
never had a rental car with a radio that tuned these steps. Presumably
a lot of the locals have analog-tuned radios or their radios are so
broad it doesn't matter.

As for the source of VW vehicles, the Golf models sold in the USA are
assembled in Brazil, engines from Mexico, manual transmissions from
Argentina......