[BC] 10 kHz spacing / 9 kHz Receiver

Kevin Tekel amstereoexp
Mon Jul 3 21:49:45 CDT 2006

Rachel Ehrenberg wrote:
> Anyone know a good car radio and/or portable radio
> that has the ability to operate in both 10Khz and 9Khz
> spacing.  As you fine folks know I am frequently in
> Europe and soon to relocate.   Thinking caps
> on...and...GO!

Of course you can always get a radio with a conventional "analog" tuning
dial -- then channel spacing becomes irrelevant!  You can even still find
car radios with analog tuning, although needless to say at their price and
quality level, radio reception is bound to be unspectacular.  The cheapest
ones aren't even stereo, and some have a mono radio but stereo cassette
player (just like the cheap "dual-speaker" TV sets I've seen, which have
stereo audio inputs and outputs, but no MTS decoder to deliver stereo
sound from TV broadcasts).