[BC] Car Radio with 9/10 Khz AM channel spacing

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Mon Jul 3 18:02:01 CDT 2006

Strange as it may seem, the new JVC car radio with internal HD Radio
decoder (model KD-HDR1) can be programmed to tune in accordance with
the European channel scheme.

To select this option, hold the SEL button to get into the setup menu,
then use the "seek" button to select "AREA", then turn the knob until
the display reads AREA EU.  This will cause AM to tune in 9 kHz and FM
in 50 kHz steps.

Like the Dual, it will control an optional XM or Sirius box.

Mark