[BC] 10 kHz spacing / 9 kHz Receiver

Glen Kippel glen.kippel
Mon Jul 3 14:01:36 CDT 2006

On 7/3/06, Powell E. Way III W4OPW <w4opw at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have both. The YB400 is now a G4000A/ The S350 is
> single coversion, the G4000A is dual conversion. The
> Sony 7600 also has synchronous detection for MW and
> SW. The S-350 plays forever on 4 D cells, though it
> can be plagued with images on SW and sometimes on MW.

Yes, that is the downside of single-conversion.  The other caveat I would
like to add is to stay away from "multi-band" radios, opting instead for one
that provides "full coverage."  Otherwise stations you might want to hear --
say in the 7.3-7.5 MHz range -- might not be receivable.

Generally, radios from Sony, Sangean and Eton/Grundig are OK.  Chinese
brands like Kaito, Kchibo, etc. are less likely to be reliable, even though
the major brands are mostly made in China anyway.  They just tend to have
beter QC.