[BC] Starguide III Channel Switching

Bailey, Scott SBailey
Mon Jul 3 13:53:04 CDT 2006

Justin,
   I'm using Digital Juke Box, with an Advantech PCI-761 relay card. I
thought about the B-Tools deal, but I couldn't see spending $400.00 on a
simple switching that the PC should be able to do in Windows XP. It's a
Saturday Night Program that I make no money on, so the $400.00
investment isn't a good idea.  Digital Juke Box doesn't do any serial
switching, that I know of, but that is a Jim Barcus question.
   If I have to, I can switch it from home at 7 PM then switch it back
at 2 AM when the program is over.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of jr at jrkaiser.com
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 1:37 PM
To: 'Broadcasters' Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [BC] Starguide III Channel Switching

Hi Scott, Broadcast Tools makes a real nice, reasonably priced Satellite
controller that is automatic... But if you've already got it switching,
maybe your automation can run this?  With Scott Studios, I can send a CS
(Change Satellite command) that is a serial command to the sat
controller,
or in this case the Satellite receiver.

Justin Kaiser & Associates
tel:    (888) 867-1679