[BC] 10 kHz spacing / 9 kHz Receiver

Glen Kippel glen.kippel
Mon Jul 3 13:08:51 CDT 2006

On 7/3/06, Rachel Ehrenberg <ehrenberg at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Dear Listmembers,
>                  Anyone know a good car radio and/or portable radio
>                  that has the ability to operate in both 10Khz and 9Khz
>                  spacing.  As you fine folks know I am frequently in
>                  Europe and soon to relocate.   Thinking caps
>                  on...and...GO!
>
> Rachel

Rachel, I have a Grundig YB-400 that can be set to either 9 or 10-kHz tuning
(and can be tuned also in 1-kHz steps).  The Eton/Grundig 350 is analog
tuning with a digital display, so tuning any frequency is no sweat with that
rig.

I'm sure there are other radios (Sangean, Kchibo, etc) that can be switched
to either tuning increment.  You might look at:  http://www.rffun.com and
see what they have.

Glen