[BC] Cascading Algorithms

Rich Wood richwood
Mon Jul 3 09:22:05 CDT 2006

------ At 11:14 PM 7/2/2006, Steve wrote: -------

>I remember when James Gabbert ran a program called Excursions in
>Stereo. But those were the days people had "High Fidelity" systems.
>As you've pointed out we've dumbed down significantly since then.
>One quick story. When I was 17 years old I was a board op for a
>Classical Station in San Francisco. (forgive me all, I've told this
>story before but it's been awhile so it's time for it to come up in
>rotation) KSFR the calls. We won 1 of 7 audio awards given by Stereo
>Hi-Fi Review or one of those.

WGBH, Boston, won several of those awards, under Bill Busiek as Chief
Engineer, as did WFMT, Chicago. Victor Campos hosted a show called
"Adventures in Sound." He played 2-track commercial Classical masters
directly from record companies with Dolby decoded at the transmitter.
Peter Mitchell ran a weekly HiFi show on WBUR, Boston. Imagine
discussing high quality audio on radio.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia