[BC] Do not call list

Tom Bosscher tom
Sun Jul 2 09:07:51 CDT 2006

You also have to be careful at work. I get all the soliciting calls for
long distance, and they of course, pressure you to sign up now. Then,
when you say no, they ask if they can fax or email you the information.
Just say NO! If you give them your fax or email address, you have just
established a business relationship, and they can now bother you legally
for a long time. What stops them cold is when you insist that the only
way they can get the information to you is to mail it to you. Now, this
costs them money, any misrepresentation is now mail fraud. But they want
that fax number and your email. They have gotten very frustrated with me
when I insist that the only way I'll even look at their information is
if they mail it. Our office manager and our receptionists now do the same..
    Very effective.

    Now, when they call me at home......  I figure it this way. They
made a business decision to bother me at home, using the phone that I
pay for. So I made a decision that if they call me, I will have
entertainment, using them, at their expense. I have used several time
consuming techniques, so much so that the two morning show have in the
past described them on the air. So I figure I'm helping out my fellow
humans here on earth.

tom bosscher