[BC] WLS dead cxr prob. this a.m. at ~6:50

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo
Sat Jul 1 08:41:46 CDT 2006

This is one of the reasons I prefer vertical polarization on STL's (especially
950). Much less inversion problems, because your signal isn't running parallel
to the ground.

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: Mike McCarthy <Towers at mre.com>
Subject: RE: RE: [BC] WLS dead cxr prob. this a.m. at ~6:50

That's the beauty of the GSC3000.  When the signal strength on the STL goes
below a certain threshold, a macro is triggered to dial the back-up codec
and then put it on the air automatically before the STL fades.  In your
case Warren, switch to the 8K loop if both STL's fall below a certain
signal level.

When I'm done at one site here shortly, T-1 stereo, diversity antenna 30
mile Moseley Starlink, and Tie-line.

Adding the T-1 will be a bit convoluted as it will be the main, switching
to the STL when the T should fail....which we know it will.  The key is
making the macro smart enough to "know" when to activate the
Tie-line.  Just coding in the macro....

Cheers...

MM

At 02:16 PM 6/30/2006 -0700, Shulz, Warren G wrote