[BC] When COL matters

Barry Mishkind barry
Thu Aug 31 11:30:49 CDT 2006

At 09:22 AM 8/31/2006, Bailey, Scott wrote
>Barry,
>     I see what your saying, in emergency situations, the COL is much
>more noticed by the public, but what I'm speaking of is "regular
>programming", especially with the "Metro FM's".
>     Most of these kids out here today don't know call letters anymore,
>like you and I grew up to, all they know is things like "The Fish", "The
>Buzz", "The River", etc.  To me, this is sad.  I've always loved hearing
>the Legal ID.

         I agree. But ... again ... how many Fish's or Buzz's plan
         for emergencies?  Few will do more than relay the
         EAS.  If you are not a Rush Limbaugh fan, and are
         tooling down the road listening to "the Beat" ... are
         you any better off in determining where Wacko County is
         located?   Probably worse.  "97.5 - You're in Fish Country!"

         (Who knows?  If the tornado drags you into a lake, you
         might just be!)

Barry Mishkind     -       Tucson, AZ    -   520-296-3797