[BC] Legal ID Question

Bailey, Scott sbailey
Thu Aug 31 10:57:23 CDT 2006

IMHO.....I've felt the public and listeners for the most part care less
about a station COL. The only interest the Legal ID draws is us in the
industry, be it the broadcasters or hobbyist.
The everyday person that we see on the street each day only cares about
programming. Doing a legal ID is just to satisfy the FCC, to make sure
"we are on our toes", and means nothing to the average Joe or Suzie out
there listening.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Dan Kelley
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:41 AM
To: 'Broadcasters' Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [BC] Legal ID Question

I thought the old window was :58 to :02 also...

>A LONG LONG time ago, I think there was a window with an exception for
>programming that should not be interrupted. I think the window was +/-
2
>minutes.

I guess the question is defining "programming that should not be
interrupted".....common sense dictates the right answer - but there are
those that will stretch that out and define that on their own terms.

I never quite got the concept of "burying" the COL.  In the big picture,
if the programming on the radio station was great, the COL seems of
little
significance to the audience.

-dan in lansing