[BC] Legal ID Question

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Thu Aug 31 06:32:30 CDT 2006

On 8/31/06, Douglas B. Pritchett <wbzq1300 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Which doesn't make any sense. Usually stations bury their ID because
> their COL is not the major city being served. In KQOL's case, they are
> licensed to Las Vegas, not Paradise, Parump, or Needle Gulch, AZ. Must
> be a "concept" thing.

Or else they bury it because they want to keep the call sign a
"secret", in favor of some other, more "memorable" identification.
Let me guess, KQOL probably translates to "cool".... did I get it
right?

Let me check the station website... and, now we know The Rest of The
Story.   They just changed their name from Cool to The Party. (how
original)  They just blew up the old format!  So now they REALLY want
to bury those old calls.

Mark