[BC] Scary listeners

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Wed Aug 30 23:10:01 CDT 2006

In a message dated 08/30/2006 6:07:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
markc at kjly.com writes:

> time Mr. Lent called after we got the new feature, the boss called him back
>  with a "we know who you are and where you live" message and he was never
>  heard from again. *whew*  Even though he was whacked, it was still
stressful
>  dealing with his calls.
>
>  Yup, radio does attract its share of *interesting* folks, on both sides of
>  the radio, it seems.

The easiest way to deal with annoying callers is to hang up. Really. It's
quick and easy. Don't even give them satisfaction, don't say anything, just hang
up. I have lost count of the numbers of times I simply dropped my arm from my
ear, and let the phone say everything in one word: "Click!"

That reminds me of the time a very persistant woman called to argue some
totally off-the-wall theological issue that I just couldn't be bothered with, and
I told her so... twice. Finally, after the third time of this
call-back-after-I-hang-up game, I told her this: "I have already asked you to stop calling,
twice. Now I am *telling* you. If you call again, I will report it to the
Authorities as harassment. Goodbye." Click. That was it, and I was able to get some
work done. <g>

Then, from the "Just when you think it's going to be a quiet week" file...
this past week, some guy had e-mailed us, telling us to take down our WEBsite
and repent. Go figure.

Willie...