[BC] proportion

David Reaves david
Wed Aug 30 10:02:58 CDT 2006

I don't know if Deutsche Welle  ("German Wave") counts, since they
consider themselves to be an 'interntational broadcaster,' but when I
visited the DW facilities in Bonn a few years back, I saw a schedule
that included programming for nearly 30 languages.

They're kind of a smaller German version of the BBC, transmitting
audio (and video) services mostly over shortwave, satellite and
internet, and were deeply involved in the creation of DRM. DW has a
fascinating history, which you can read at <http://www.dw-world.de>

Kind Regards,
David