[BC] KFJZ 870 Power Increase

Tom Dimeo mwam
Tue Aug 29 13:44:46 CDT 2006

I was just reading where KFJZ 870 Fort Worth Texas applied to
increase power from 500 watts to 1300 watts but WWL 870 New
Orleans Louisiana opposed the power increase so the increase
was denied by the FCC. It appears that Fort Worth is 475
miles from New Orleans.

I was just wondering how other stations such as the stations
in the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania area were able to get approval
on 660 and 770 when it is just over 300 miles between
Pittsburgh and New York? Could it be that WFAN and WABC
didn't oppose the new stations or something else?

Apparently KFJZ did eventually get 1000 watts directional
away from New Orleans.

Tom