[BC] DTV antennas

John Buffaloe johnbuffaloe
Tue Aug 29 11:24:22 CDT 2006

I can't count how many antennas I've tried for off air DTV reception.  A
bunch of Terks, an RCA, amplified, unamplified.  I don't want to deal with
my roof and a rotator, so I'm doing the attic thang.  I finally found one
that works pretty well.  It's a dual bow tie backed by a reflector screen
from a company called Antennas Direct.
http://www.antennasdirect.com/DB2_Indoor_antenna.html

It wouldn't lock in well until I stuck an amp on it, which I had also tried
with all the other unamped antennas, but this thing actually does quite well
in my attic.  I can get all but one of the stations I want without moving
it, and the station in question is running under power until'09.  I'm
tempted to go back and try the eight bay version with 4.5 dB more gain and a
little more aiming flexibility.

John A. Buffaloe